Are you looking for an Exercise Bike? Chances are high that you have come across too many and now are confused. Then there is always this concept 2 bike vs peloton debate that adds to this confusion. No worries, as we have got you covered for this.
The first thing that you need to focus on while investing in an Indoor bike, is what you want. The whole argument falls flat once you know your requirements. For example, a lot of people may like highly technical bikes like Peloton bikes.
On the contrary, a few may prefer a bike that does not burn a hole in the pocket. We will talk about that and more in this post. So, sit tight, and enjoy the ride.
What’s the Concept 2 Bike and Peloton Bike
Whereas Peloton is a much loved bike, but we have to agree that it may cost you an arm and a leg. Hence, some people look for alternatives to Peloton bikes, and the Concept2 BikeErg fits this bill pretty well. We will refer to both bikes in this section. So, pay attention.
Peloton bikes are made “for your best effort” as they say. It is true as we have been avid supporters of this bike because it bestows you with a rich experience. The bikes are adjustable, which means you can customize them and:
- The on-demand classes take you to another level
- The motivational and inspirational instructors keep you glued
- Their real-time metrics help you reach your goals within a short time
- One membership for a single home makes it valuable
All these attributes make this bike exceptional and there are no doubts about it. This explains why so many people (including us) are into it.
- Your purchase includes One Concept2 BikeErg Stationary Exercise Bike - 2900 model, One PM5 Performance Monitor, 2 Alkaline 1.5V size D Batteries, Tools and Assembly Manual
- Exercise Bike dimensions: 48” L x 21” W | Product Weight: 68 lbs. | Weight capacity: 300 lb. | Recommended Space for Use – 48” x 24” | Seat heights: Min – 30.75” Max – 41”
- Easily adjustable seat height and handlebar positions provide a customized fit
- Aluminum 68 lb frame is engineered to be durable for your most powerful sprints, yet easy to move around on its built-in caster wheels; easy to assemble
- Clutched flywheel keeps spinning when the pedals stop for easy intervals and rest periods; you can "coast" just as on a real bike; air resistance provides a smooth ride
The Concept2 BikeErg happens to be a sport-based bike that incorporates salient features from ski and rowing. Concept is well known for its rowing and ski rigs. They have combined these two aspects into one bike and that is the Concept2 BikeErg. It uses the same flywheel as the rowers and skiing platform.
The technology that they have used allows you to enjoy your ride like a real bike. What more can you ask from Stationary bikes? Besides, the point is this chain free bike offers you more than you can think of, like:
- The polygroove belts render it noiseless
- Although, it is lightweight and portable, yet it can bear 300 pounds or 136 kg of user weight
- Concept2 also comes with on-Demand cycling classes, like the Zwift that helps you choose your environment to ride in
- The welded aluminum frame makes it durable and this is why you can find them in health clubs and even in military bases
Concept has put 40 years of experience and research into the Concept2 BikeErg. It is not to be taken lightly at all. It is a popular choice with people that want a spin bike and that is all.
Concept2 Bikeerg And Peloton Bikes: Similarities
For starters, the two are one of a kind of an Indoor bikes. Both Peloton and Concept2 have a sturdy build and bring value to your workout. That is correct, the two can really aid you through brutal workout sessions. Both are Smart bikes that offer you plenty of on-Demand cycling classes. Here are more similarities between the two –
Peloton and Concept2 BikeErg have powder coating on their frames. Peloton makes use of carbon steel and Concept2 makes use of aluminum. This lends implicit strength to the hardware that transforms the bikes to be very sturdy.
This is the most interesting part, as we all want to work out in peace. Neither do we want to disturb our families, nor invest in something noisy. These machines have sorted that problem as both are noiseless.
Concept 2 Bikeerg vs Peloton Bikes: Differences
Yes, there are quite a few differences and we must start the argument with the price tag. We all know Peloton manufactures Expensive bikes, whereas Concept2 is decently priced. Wait, there is more:
Levels Of Resistance
Concept2 BikeErg damper to adjust the airflow into the flywheel. This re-creates shifting gears feel to the rider and that makes the practice life-like. Peloton has 100 resistance levels that mimic on-road familiarities.
Peloton Bike and Bike+ come with 12 months of Limited Warranty on labor, pedals, and components. We request you to go through this warranty on their official site. They also provide you with 5 years warranty on the frame against defects in materials and workmanship.
Concept2 bikes come with 2 years limited warranty for repairs and 5 years limited warranty on the frame and defects in materials. Moreover, this warranty is fully transferable to another owner should you ever consider selling it.
Why does a Peloton bike wobble?
This happens under two conditions, one is if it is placed on a hard floor and the legs have not been deployed yet. Another scenario is when it is placed on a deep-pile carpet. Otherwise, Peloton bikes are solidly built and they will never wobble.
How to level a Peloton bike on different surfaces?
This is an important part and you must pay attention to it.
Leveling a Peloton bike on carpet
You may make something like a sheet of 2 inches x 4 inches of say 3/4th ply and place it under your bike to make it stable.
Leveling the Peloton bike on tiles
The best thing is to put pads on the floor (any kind) before placing a Peloton.
Leveling a Peloton bike on the hardwood floor
Place a rubber mat underneath the bike and this will take care of the rest.
Leveling a peloton bike on uneven floor
This can be challenging, but you can fix it by putting a ply in between the bumpy surface and the bike.
Leveling a peloton bike on Floor mat
Use a rubber mat as that can absorb the sound as well.
We are hardcore into Peloton bikes as of now and that is an honest confession. However, we have seen a few in our team going ga-ga over Concept2 BikeErg. We say that both are good and this conversation about concept 2 bike vs peloton is neverending.
You decide what you want and what suits you best from what we conversed here. It is your chance to make a decision, so go take action.