Peloton is one of the most popular home fitness equipment for high-intensity cycling. It is an exercise bike with a 21.5” 1080p HD touchscreen attached to it, which you can use to access the peloton app, live classes, control music, your performance metrics like current speed, distance, etc.
However, if you leave your Peloton bike idle for long, its touchscreen monitor goes into sleeping mode automatically. But, one downside of keeping your peloton screen in sleep mode, it uses energy constantly. Therefore, it is better to turn it off completely after use.
So, if you want to know how to turn off Peloton Screen, you will find the process in this article. To know more, let’s dive into this guide.
Does Peloton Screen Turn Off Automatically?
No, the peloton screen won’t turn off automatically. However, if you do not use the bike for 20 minutes, the screen goes into sleep mode automatically. The fact is, you can use this peloton bike after turning on the screen. And as long as you use the bike, the screen will keep on.
How To Turn Off Peloton Screen?
If you are new to peloton bikes, and wondering about how do I turn off my peloton screen, this section will clear all your confusion. So, here are the processes for how to turn off peloton screen-
- Locate the power button, which you’ll find at the top of the touchscreen monitor’s backside.
- Then, press and hold the power button for two seconds.
- Look out for a pop-up window on the screen. And when prompted, just select “Shut Down.”
- Wait until the touchscreen is fully off.
- Remember, the peloton bike will sleep automatically after being inactive for about 20 minutes. To turn off this bike, you need to wake the bike again by pressing the power button for 2 seconds. After that, you need to follow the above steps.
Note: You should always turn off the screen after every workout session. Also, make sure to turn off and unplug the bike before cleaning or performing maintenance. Besides that, if you are planning not to use the Peloton bike for an extended period of time, it is highly recommended to keep the power cable unplugged from the power outlet.
How To Put Peloton Screen To Sleep?
Well, it’s really simple, you just need to use the touchscreen power button. As we said earlier that there is a power button located at the peloton bike’s back of the touchscreen monitor. Just like before, press and hold the power button once, then select Shut Down from the pop-up windows that appeared on the touchscreen, and the screen will enter sleep mode.
Also, if you keep the bike inactive for 20 minutes, it will automatically enter sleep mode.
Should I Unplug My Peloton When Not in Use?
Aside from the question of how to turn off peloton bike screen, another common question that people often ask is do I need to unplug my Peloton when not in use?
Well, generally, it is recommended to keep the screen in sleep or stand by mode at least once a week. This way, it can download the new updates or features, so that you can start with the brand-new features when using the Peloton bike the next day.
But there are some scenarios where you should unplug the peloton. These are-
- When you’re planning for a holiday or vacation for several weeks
- Before cleaning the screen or doing any maintenance.
- If you are going to move the peloton upstairs, or from one room to another.
- For any security purposes.
Additionally, there are a number of lingering bugs on the Peloton platform which are unable to give or receive a high five. A full power cycle can fix this before a workout. Another fact is electricity or power consumption. When you put the bike on sleep mode, it constantly consumes power.
So, if you want to avoid the above situations, it will be better to unplug the peloton bike screen.
How To Remove Screen From Peloton?
Over time, you may need to replace the peloton touchscreen monitor. But, how to disconnect peloton screen? Well, it’s really simple, you just need a screwdriver to remove the peloton screen from the bike. So, here are the steps-
- After that, disconnect the audio cables or Ethernet cable (if used)
- Now, look out for the square panel which will be found on the backside of the touchscreen. Simply remove it to access the mounting screws and plate.
- Here, use the screwdriver to remove the four monitor screws to release the touchscreen from the monitor arm entirely.
- At this time, when you are removing the screws, make sure you have another person to help you hold the touchscreen monitor.
- Once you are done with the screw removal, gently remove the monitor, and it’s done.
How Do I Adjust My Peloton Bike Screen?
So, after you have finished with the touchscreen removing process, now, you may be wondering how do I adjust my peloton screen. Well, just like you removed the touchscreen of your Peloton bike, you can re-install or adjust it by following the same procedure. So, let’s see the steps-
- Take your new touchscreen monitor. With the new monitor, you will find 4 screws to attach the monitor to the bike. Make sure to keep them securely.
- Now, remove the back panel from the touchscreen’s backside.
- At this point, have someone line the new touchscreen up with the monitor mount and hold it in place perfectly.
- Now, again using the screwdriver, install the 4 screws to secure the touchscreen box.
- Next, return the back panel to the touch screen and reconnect the monitor cable and all other additional cables.
- Make the cable clip close.
- Put the back panel on the new touchscreen monitor.
- Lastly, plug in the power cable and turn the screen on.
How Do You Move The Peloton Screen?
To move or tilt the peloton bike’s touchscreen monitor, you just need to grasp both sides of the screen and tilt it in your desired direction. Make sure not to do it forcefully, otherwise, it can get damaged. Simply hold it gently and change the position.
FAQ’s: How to Turn Off Peloton Bike
We hope you get how to turn peloton screen off. But, to make the concept even more clear here in this section, we are going to cover the answers to some commonly asked questions.
How To Raise Peloton Screen?
You can raise the peloton bike touchscreen by pressing and holding the power button for 2 seconds long.
What Do Peloton Instructors See On Their Screen?
Peloton instructors can see the output, cadence, and resistance on their touchscreen. They can’t see you and your heart rate.
How Do You Move The Peloton Screen?
To move the peloton screen, you just need to hold the monitor from both sides and tilt it in your preferred direction gently.
Should I Turn Off Peloton Screen?
Generally, it is recommended to keep the peloton screen on sleep mode, so that it can update the features. Other than that, when you clean or do some maintenance of the Peloton bike and if you are going for a vacation or long trip, you should turn the peloton screen off.
Since you came to the end of this guide, we hope you have no further confusion about how to turn off Peloton Screen. The fact is, operating the Peloton bike is not that hard; you just need to follow the processes accurately.
With the right knowledge and method, you can make the most out of this revolutionary electric bike. While turning on or off the peloton bike or its touch screen monitor, make sure to be careful with the plugs, wires, and other electrical parts.
So, this is the end of this guide. You can share your thoughts, queries, and experience with the peloton bike with us by commenting below. We will be glad to hear from you.
Related Peloton Resources: