If you are new to using Peloton bikes, you may have difficulty clipping your Peloton shoes into the bike. Actually, peloton shoes are not similar to other regular shoes.
As it looks different from other cycling shoes, there are also many differences in the process of using it. Therefore, before putting on the Peloton shoes and getting started with your workout session, you need to know some information.
So, if you have no idea where to start with the peloton shoes, or how to clip in peloton shoes to bike, this guide will help you. With this step-by-step guide, we’ll help you to get started and make sure that your first ride is a good one.
Top 5 Women’s Shoes for Peloton Bike
No products found.
How To Put on Peloton Shoes?
When it comes to buying a new exercise bike, there are many things to consider. But one thing is most important, and that is your safety when riding on two wheels. So, when you’re riding, it’s even more significant to be secure and protected from the elements.
Thus, to ensure your safety, the peloton offers excellent support and protection for riders with its clip-in shoes. However, this might be a bit tricky at first.
In order to know how do I attach the clips to my peloton shoes, you need to know how to adjust peloton shoes and their setup process. So, let’s find out how to set up peloton shoes.
Step 1: Install The Cleats
The peloton bike cleats are different from the other shoe cleats. But don’t worry, with the following steps you can do it very easily. So, let’s see the steps-
- The peloton cleat comes in three cleat holes. So, to adjust the cleat position, align the three dots on the cleat holes.
- Place the dots considering the horizontal and diagonal numbers located on the sole of the peloton shoe.
- Position the washer by attaching the cleat’s backside with the shoe’s sole. Keeping the front side of the washer up, place the washer. Make sure to put the screws in the washer.
- Lastly, ensure that the screw alignment is accurately done. Then tighten the shoe screws properly using a four-millimeter hex key.
Step 2: Loosen The Shoe’s Velcro Strap and Buckle
Each peloton shoe comes in two Velcro straps and a buckle. Before putting your shoes in, it would be best if you loosen them. So, pull out the straps to loosen them and press the buckle button to lose the locked buckle. You’ll find the buckle button in the middle of the buckle, and it comes in a rectangular shape.
Step 3: Put Your Feet Into The Shoes
First, put your cycling socks on and then wear the peloton shoes. Be sure that you are comfortable in your shoes, and they fit you perfectly.
Step 4: Buckle Up The Shoe
The next step is buckling the shoes up along with the Velcro strap. To lock the buckle, pull the strap to tighten it and then pull the locking button up and release it with some force. Lastly, just like before, put on the Velcro strap until it reaches the preferred tightness.
How to Clip In Peloton Shoes
Now, we have come to the main point, which is how to clip into peloton bike. Well, the process is really simple, if you have used a spin bike before, you may recognize the processes. So, here are the steps that you need to know how to clip in peloton shoes.
- First, stand with your feet on either side of the bike.
- Use handlebars to maintain your body posture and balance.
- Now, bring the pedal of your dominant side and keep it to the 6 o’clock position with your feet.
- Next, tilt the paddle upwards, and point your toes down to fit the cleat pedal opening of your Peloton shoe.
- Push it down with your heel until you hear a click. Once you hear the sound, you will realize that the cleat is completely stuck to the pedal of the bike.
- Don’t forget to wiggle both the shoes from side to side to ensure they are securely attached to the pedal clipping.
Tips To Consider When Putting On Peloton Shoes
Now that you know how to clip in peloton shoes to bike, for further precaution and benefit, consider the following tips. These will help you to prevent making any mistakes while putting and clipping your peloton shoes.
- Before you start pedaling, double-check every single thing. This can help you from having a serious injury.
- Make sure you are comfortable wearing the shoes, and they are perfectly tight to your feet.
- Never keep the cleats too tight or loose. Also, make sure not to keep the Velcro straps and buckle loose.
- Ensure, you have adjusted the cleats to the right place.
- Keep the shoes always clean to avoid any damage to the cleats and soles.
With the growing popularity, we’ve got several queries for the peloton bike and shoes. So, here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
Why Can’t I Clip My Peloton Shoes In?
Peloton bikes come with cleats which you need to clip into the bike’s pedals. That’s the main reason, often some people, especially those who are using clip-in shoes for the first time, face trouble getting on and off of the Peloton bike.
How Do You Attach Toe Clips To Peloton?
You need to attach the loose cords, then grab one cord and start threading with the base of the peloton toe cages. After that, go up through the loops above, and when threading the second cord, start from the opposite direction, in which the metal catch will be located outside the cage of each toe.
Open the metal catch by pinching it, then insert the loose cord between the roller and the tooth. Pull back on the elastic cord to make it tight, then start threading the remaining piece of elastic through the top loop to keep it out of the way while riding.
Will Peloton Shoes Come With Cleats?
Yes, peloton shoes are designed with Delta-compatible cleats. You need to clip it with the pedal of your Peloton bike. Note, cleats are attached with each peloton shoe while purchasing.
How Do You Unlock Peloton Shoes?
Getting out of your bike requires you to kick your legs outward, using moderate force, since there will be a little resistance. If you are still having trouble, you can use the resistance knob.
Hold the resistance knob, use your full weight on one foot and clip out the other one using a bit of force. When one of your legs unlock from the paddle, you can easily pull the other out.
There are three screw holes in the bottom of your Peloton shoes. Place each cleat on top of these holes first. Then, set the washers inside the cleat’s recesses and place the screws in each screw hole.
You should keep the cleats facing front and inline with your toes. Be sure to set the middle of the cleat across the foot’s ball. Then tighten the shoe screws securely using a four-millimeter hex key.
Peloton shoes are great inventions to have a great workout on your Peloton bike. It holds your leg tightly throughout the cycling session without any discomfort. Peloton shoes come with innovative design and comfort so that you can pedal comfortably even while doing intense cycling.
However, to prevent your foot from slipping off the peloton pedals while cycling, there are clips attached to the Peloton shoes. It needs to be fixed properly with the pedal of the Peloton bike before starting the exercise. And this step seems a little difficult to many.
Thus, we’ve shared the processes for how to clip in peloton shoes and use them accurately to make the most out of your exercise. So, while using your Peloton bike, consider this guide. Good luck!
You May Also Like: